PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance for J2-Holders

submittedviaemail
09-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Hello,

I would like to ask you if it is possible to purchase a Health Insurance JUST for a J2-Visa Holder.

I don't know yet when exactly my wife is going to arrive in the US.

Besides it would have to be a plan that fulfills the following requirements:

Insurance Requirements for Exchange Visitors
3. Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the ex¬change visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000; and
4. A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
An insurance policy secured to fulfill the requirements of this section:
1. May require a waiting period for pre-existing conditions which is reasonable as determined by current industry standards. The University has determined the current industry standard to be 6 months or less.
2. May include provision for co-insurance under the terms of which the exchange visitor may be required to pay up to 25% of the covered benefits per accident or illness; and
3. Shall not unreasonably exclude coverage for perils inherent to the activities of the exchange program in which the exchange visitor participates.

insubuy
09-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Hello,
Thank you for contacting Insubuy for your insurance needs. The Patriot Exchange Program can cover a J2 alone as long as the J1 has coverage through their sponsor.

Please use the link below to review the brochure to see how the plan works. If you have any further questions please feel free to call our office.

Patriot Exchange Program brochure & instant purchase link:
https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-exchange-program-insurance/

submittedviaemail
09-22-2016, 02:09 PM
Hello,

But I am considering the possibility of purchasing a different Insurance for my wife, not mine.

Besides I was told that the patriot exchange program does not meet the requirements below.

That's why I am asking if is it possible to purchase a insurance plan independent of mine and, in addition to this, if there is any plan that under this condition would also fulfill the requirements I mentioned.

Would you please help me?

thank you in advance.

insubuy
09-22-2016, 02:10 PM
In order to assist you, we would need some additional information. Yes, you can purchase a plan independent from yours for your J2. We would be glad to go over your options and discuss details of your current situation and insurance needs and requirements.

Please contact our office so that we may further assist.

submittedviaemail
09-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Sorry that I insist, but I would need a quick response. I already have an insurance for J1. What I really would like to know right now is if plans like INBOUND USA or INBOUND IMMIGRANT meet the requirements.

These are the requirements of Uchicago for J2-Visa holders

Insurance Requirements for Exchange Visitors
3. Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the ex¬change visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000; and
4. A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
An insurance policy secured to fulfill the requirements of this section:
1. May require a waiting period for pre-existing conditions which is reasonable as determined by current industry standards. The University has determined the current industry standard to be 6 months or less.
2. May include provision for co-insurance under the terms of which the exchange visitor may be required to pay up to 25% of the covered benefits per accident or illness; and
3. Shall not unreasonably exclude coverage for perils inherent to the activities of the exchange program in which the exchange visitor participates.

insubuy
09-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Hello,

The Inbound USA and Inbound Immigrant plans do not meet the requirements as listed.

submittedviaemail
09-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Hello,

In which topics do the plans not meet the requirements?

thank you very much

insubuy
09-22-2016, 02:14 PM
As a broker we work for you NOT for some particular insurance company so we suggest the plan that meets your school requirements.

Inbound USA and Inbound immigrant – Does NOT have
1. co-insurance under the terms of which the exchange visitor may be required to pay up to 25% of the covered benefits per accident or illness; and
That’s we suggest Patriot Exchange plan. If you still want to purchase Inbound USA or Inbound Immigrant you are more than welcome to purchase either of the plan.

Inbound USA- https://www.insubuy.com/safe-travels-for-visitors-to-the-usa-insurance/

Inbound Immigrant: https://www.insubuy.com/international-major-medical-insurance/

Patriot Exchange plan: https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-exchange-program-insurance/

Please go ahead and purchase whatever you think works best for you.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.