PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance for J1-Holders

submittedviaemail
09-22-2016, 02:01 PM
I was admitted as visiting scholar at the University of Chicago. As a J1-Holder, I intend to purchase the health insurance offered by Patriot Exchange Program. But first I would have two questions about it.

1) The Uchicago site says that "All Visiting Scholars are automatically enrolled in the Standard Insurance Company Life/AD&D Insurance Plan which provides the new Department of State requirement of Medical Evacuation coverage of $50,000 and Repatriation of Remains Coverage of $25,000 required for J-1 Visa holders.".

So I would like to ask if I can purchase the health insurance offered by Patriot Exchange Program WITHOUT THIS COVERAGE.

2) My wife will arrive in the US only in May. As a J2-Holder, I would like to purchase the health insurance offered by Patriot Exchange Program. Is that a problem to enroll her only after her arrival ?

Thank you in advance

insubuy
09-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us. The Patriot Exchange program cannot be purchased without those benefits since they are part of the plan.

Yes, you can purchase the Patriot Exchange plan for your wife if you also have that plan or are provided a plan by your sponsor.

If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact our office.