PDA

View Full Version : J1 and J2 maternity insurance

submittedviaemail
09-19-2016, 03:36 PM
To whom it may concern,

I am writing you to ask information for getting an health insurance's plan with Atlas American Insurance.
I am italian, male, 31 and I will move to work in New York approximately in one month time. I am in the process of getting a J-1 visa which requires the purchase of an health insurance. My wife will join me later in New York with a similar visa and she is also pregnant. The childbirth date will be probably around the end of September.

Therefore we would like to ask you if you have a plan that could cover us as a family for all the duration of the visa (18 months starting from 1st March 2016) and our qualifying event. Also I would like to know how much the amount of the insurance would be per month.

Below are the coverage requirements for J-1 exchange visitors. Please keep in mind that J-1 exchange visitors must maintain coverage that meets these requirements for the duration of their program. (18 months)

Minimum coverage must provide:
• Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness.
• Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000.
• Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000.
• A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.

Thank you in advance for your time,

insubuy
09-19-2016, 03:37 PM
Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us.

Unfortunately there is no insurance which covers child birth if your wife is already pregnant. Only option is that if your school is willing to provide insurance in this situation.

You can purchase Atlas America plan but it will not cover her pregnancy.

Atlas America brochure, instant purchase link,
https://www.insubuy.com/atlasamerica-insurance/

Please review this and if you have any further questions feel free to contact us.