PDA

View Full Version : J1/J2 medical insurance

submittedviaemail
09-16-2016, 02:13 PM
I am invited to visit Texas A&M University at College Station, Texas, USA from February 15, 2016 to February 14, 2017. BUT Texas A&M International office will not process my DS 2019 form without the proof of health insurance. As one of the recommending companies by the University, I will choose to buy health insurance from your company.

We are one J-1 Exchange Visitor (male, 33), two J-2 dependents (one female, 33; one child 3) from China and are now in China. Now we want to choose the insurance of "Inbound USA Medical Insurance - $100,000" (i.e. Inbound USA Medical Insurance Plan C: $100,000 Maximum). I found that the total price for us is $1,568.84 with Deductible $100.00 if I chose the Coverage from February 16, 2016 to February 13, 2017 with 364 days. To confirm if this Plan C covers each requirement set by Texas A&M University, would you please send me the file of a summary of benefits of the insurance "Inbound USA Medical Insurance - $100,000" (i.e. Inbound USA Medical Insurance Plan C: $100,000 Maximum) as soon as possible?

insubuy
09-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Thank you for contacting Insubuy for your insurance needs. However, the plan you have selected Inbound USA does not meet the requirements listed below as the requirements state that you must have a co-insurance not to exceed 25% this plan does not have a co-insurance so this is not a compliant plan.
Please review the Patriot Exchange Program, this plan will meet your Universities requirements and also be cost effective. Please use the link below to review this plan. If you need any further assistance please feel free to contact our office.

Patriot Exchange Program brochure & Instant purchase link:
https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-exchange-program-insurance/

submittedviaemail
09-16-2016, 02:15 PM
I again checked the insurance of "Inbound USA Medical Insurance - $100,000" (i.e. Inbound USA Medical Insurance Plan C: $100,000 Maximum). Yes, this plan does not have a co-insurance. And the Universities requirement about co-insurance is "Co-insurance not to exceed 25% of the covered benefits per accident/illness" And we can understand this that "Co-insurance can be 24% of the covered benefits per accident/illness", "Co-insurance can be 10% of...", "Co-insurance can be 1% of...", even "no co-insurance " Am I right?

So maybe the Plan C covers each requirement set by Texas A&M University.

insubuy
09-16-2016, 02:16 PM
This is incorrect. The Inbound USA plan is a basic plan that pays as per a schedule of benefits. So in the event of anything happening you will pay out of pocket for majority of medical expenses.
Having a co-insurance would essentially provide an out of pocket maximum within a plan provided charges do not exceed your overall policy maximum and it is an eligible expense. On a fixed coverage plan because there is not a co-insurance there is no limit to the amount you will have to pay out of pocket. So this makes the Inbound USA plan non-compliant with the Universities requirements.

submittedviaemail
09-16-2016, 02:17 PM
If Texas A&M University confirms that the "Inbound USA Medical Insurance Plan C: $100,000 Maximum " (i.e. Inbound USA Medical Insurance - $100,000) covers each requirement set by her, I will probably end up buying this plan. Then I need some necessary information as follows:

1. Certification of Insurance

2. Name of Insurance Company

3. Address of Insurance Company

The specific requirements about the necessary information is also attached. So please kindly provide these necessary information if you can.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

insubuy
09-16-2016, 02:18 PM
Once you have purchased a plan you will receive an email confirmation with your policy documents including the information you are requesting. Just to clarify, the Inbound USA plan does not meet the requirements as listed so if you decide to still purchase that plan then it will be up to your university if they accept the plan. If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact our office.