PDA

View Full Version : plan for J2 visa holder with maternity insurnce

submittedviaemail
07-24-2016, 06:25 PM
Hi:

I am holding J1 visa with my own insurance covered in my home country.

I am searching for insurance plans for my wife(age 32) and my kid (age 2).
They are holding J2 visas and will arrive in US in April,1.

Is there any plane they are eligible, starting from April,1,2016 to June 30, 2017 ?
with pregnancy insurance with waiting period less than 6 months ?

She is not pregnant now and we plan to have.

Best

insubuy
Thank you for contacting Insubuy. There is no plan available solely for the J2 which would cover a pre-existing condition. The plans available will only cover any new illness, injury or accident which occurs after the effective date of the policy. The Inbound Immigrant plan will provide a maternity benefit of $2.800 as long as conception occurs after the effective date. Please use the link below to review the plan. You may purchase online, or by contacting our office at (866) 467-8289. If you have any additional questions please let us know.

Inbound Immigrant: https://www.insubuy.com/international-major-medical-insurance/

submittedviaemail
Hi
Thank you so much !
So the inbound immigrant plan covers maternnity insurance:
https://www.insubuy.com/international-major-medical-insurance/new-immigrants-health-insurance/

Correct me if I am wrong,
It indicates that my wife can only be pregnant 90 days after the effective date ?

Also, from the brochure, the maternity limit is 2,800. What does that stand for ?
Does that include pre-natal examination and post-natal care of the the mother and baby ?
If a normal delivery in US costs around 5,000~10,000, does that mean I should pay for the rest of 2,200~7200 for the delivery ?

Thank you very much.

insubuy
07-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Hello,
Per the benefits section maternity is defined as routine check ups (for pregnancy), sonograms, baby delivery and post natal care. This coverage is only available if conception occurs at least 90 days after the effective date. Since this is a fixed coverage you plan, the plan will pay a fixed amount for each procedure and you are responsible for the remaining difference. If you have any additional questions please let us know. You may also contact our office at (866) INSUBUY.