PDA

View Full Version : j1 exchange visitor - Indiana University

submittedviaemail
10-07-2014, 06:55 PM
I am coming to USA in J1 exchange visitor visa At Indiana University I would be staying in Bloomigton for 1 month period (24 May to 25 June 2014) I would like take insurance, how to make payment online the requirement by Indiana University as follows $50,000 for each Sickness or Illness (must include maternity/pregnancy care for females) $50,000 for each Accident or Injury $10,000 for Medical Evacuation (In case you must be returned to your home country for medical care, this covers the cost of your transportation home.) $7,500 for Repatriation(In case of death, this covers the cost of returning the body to the home country.) Your deductible cannot exceed $500 per accident or illness. Your policy must begin on the same day you enter the U.S. (which means you will need to purchase this coverage BEFORE you arrive in the U.S.) Your policy must be effective until the day you leave the U.S. after the completion of your program. Please recommend best policy and send me the link to take Insurance policy thanks

insubuy
10-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Thank you for your interest in purchasing J1 visa insurance.

There is no plan available in the market exactly as described due to the following reasons:

1. Maternity or pregnancy care. It is usually not covered in any short term plan. However, it may be covered in some plans as long as you are not already pregnant at the time of effective date.
2. Emergency Medical Evacuation. All plans evacuate the person to the nearest place where adequate care can be given and not necessarily to home country. Please read https://www.insubuy.com/emergency-medical-evacuation-to-india/ for further information.

Please check whether your school whether they would accept the plan with the above two restrictions. Once you get back to us, we would be glad to suggest you the suitable plan that would meet the requirements.