View Full Version : Insurance for scholar from China

10-07-2014, 05:52 PM
I am a visiting scholar from China to university of colorado at Boulder.My visa is J-1.Now I want to make sure that the insurance plan of Inbound USA can cover the requirement of boulder or not. The requirements of university of boulder for J-1 are the following: The policy must provide medical benefits of at least $50,000 for each accident or illness, according to the text of the regulations.  A deductible that is not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.  If you should die in the United States, the policy must provide at least $7,500 in benefits to send your remains to your home country for burial.  If, because of a serious illness or injury, you must be sent home on the advice of a doctor, the policy must pay up to $10,000 for the expenses of your travel.  The policy may establish a waiting period before it covers pre-existing conditions (health problems you had before you bought the insurance), as long as the waiting period is reasonable by current standards in the insurance industry.  The policy must be backed by the full faith and credit of your home country government or the company providing the insurance must meet minimum rating requirements established by USIA (an A. M. Best rating of A- or above, an insurance Solvency International, Ltd. (ISI) rating of A-i or above, a Standard & Poors Claims-paying Ability rating of A- or above, or a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of B+ or above).

10-07-2014, 05:52 PM
All the conditions that you mentioned in Inbound USA are met except that it will not cover pre-existing conditions.

You can discuss that with your school to see if they would accept that.

If yes, you can purchase it online at https://www.insubuy.com/safe-travels-for-visitors-to-the-usa-insurance/