PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance for F2 Dependent (Spouse + Kid)

David_Duong
12-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi, I am finding health insurance plan. Could you please advise:

I will bring my wife and my little daughter here in Worcester, MA from January 15th. My wife is 29 and daughter is 3 years old. Below what I am looking for:

Only Dental care for me (this is because I am enrolling in UnitedHealthCare at school but my plan does not cover dental care).

My wife currently is not pregnant. But maybe next 6 months after I graduate, we might want to have one more baby. Which plan is best suitable for her? What if during the plan she changes her visa status to H4B? I do not think she need dental or vision care.

About my daughter, actually I am looking for plan that cover most of care include dental and vision care. And sometimes emergency situation such as: my kid might have flu at night and we want to see the doctor immediately. Surgery care, etc ...

We might travel outside US and any health plan the cover outside US?

Thanks,

insubuy
12-06-2013, 08:45 PM
If you are enrolling yourself in the insurance through school, why don't you do the same for your dependents?

David_Duong
12-06-2013, 10:09 PM
If you are enrolling yourself in the insurance through school, why don't you do the same for your dependents?

First of all, it is $2000. And it does not cover dental. If you want to more coverage, it goes much more expensive.

Finally, I am never go to see doctor in two years and I do not know why I have to pay for expensive one. I am looking for a affordable one.

insubuy
12-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Then, why are you buying yours through school?

David_Duong
12-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Then, why are you buying yours through school?

Automatically enrolled. Next time I will cancel it.

insubuy
12-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Apparently, you are looking for insurance at significantly lower price but high coverage for your dependents only. That is not possible.

For F2 only, you can't buy any student plans because you are not enrolling yourself. You will have travel plans such as https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-america-insurance/ They will not cover any pre-existing conditions, preventive check ups, maternity, birth control, dental etc. It will primarily be for new medical conditions, injuries or accidents that may occur after the effective date of the policy.

For dental, you can enroll your entire family at $12/month and one time application fee of $20 at https://www.insubuy.com/careington-dental-vision-plan/

David_Duong
12-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Apparently, you are looking for insurance at significantly lower price but high coverage for your dependents only. That is not possible.

For dental, you can enroll your entire family at $12/month and one time application fee of $20 at https://www.insubuy.com/careington-dental-vision-plan/

Thanks for quick response. Sorry for not be clear. Could I buy health insurance separately for each family member?

I am looking for heath insurance that it can be around $1500/year for my daughter but high coverage. Is any plan available that include dental/vision for kids? I mean all in one.

For my wife, for now she only needs insurance for regular checks (for example when gets flu). She is in excellent health now with no need for maternity or birth control. She does not need dental as well. What we have to do to let you know that? Does my wife have to do a check before buying insurance? $1000/year for her is the plan I am looking for. It should have good covreage.

Could you explain what is "new medical conditions"? Does it means patriot-america-insurance cover maternity in the future?

insubuy
12-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Maternity is excluded in Patriot America plan.

Medical and dental are two separate things. Therefore, you have to buy them separately.

You will have to either pay more money at school and get insurance through them for your dependents or you get less coverage at less price with us. Cheap and best wouldn't come together.

I suggest that you call our office so that we can discuss with you in detail about your options quickly and efficiently.