View Full Version : health insurance for J2 only; spouse and daughter

10-01-2013, 03:07 PM
If I am enrolled with another helath insurance company (Garnett and Powers which is a partner of my host university) as a J1 Visa holder, can I apply for an independent health insurance for my husband and my 3 year old daughter who are both on J2 visa?
Best regards

10-01-2013, 05:01 PM
What exactly are the requirements for J2 visa insurance for your school?

10-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Same as their requirements for J1, which are,

- $500,000 per person, per accident/illness in medical coverage
- An annual deductible of no more than $250
- Coinsurance that does not exceed 25%
- Medical evacuation up to $10,000
- Repatriation up to $7,500

10-02-2013, 03:39 PM
I am assuming that you have insurance through your school for J1.

In that case, you can purchase https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-exchange-program-insurance/ for J2 visa person.