View Full Version : question on health insurance

10-16-2011, 06:26 PM
I am a research scholar from China, and now I am studying in the University of Georgia for a year from August 1, 2011 to July 31, 2012(J-1 visa). then I want to buy regular health insurance from your company. So, do you have any suggestions to me about the purchase of health insurance? because I am not sure about which policy max I should choose, so which plan do you think is suitable for me to purchase according to UGA's requirement? And I also want to have a proof of health insurance to UGA for the Office of International Education after purchasing insurance.
I am looking forward to your response.
Best Wishes
Zhao Yuanyuan

the following are university's requirements:
Insurance Must Cover:

1. Minimum coverage of $50,000 per accident or illness per person

2. Repatriation of Remains up to $7,500

3. Medical Evacuation up to $10,000

4. Must not exceed a deductible of $500 per accident or illness

5. Must pay 75% of covered expenses

10-16-2011, 06:27 PM
You can purchase either Study USA or Patriot Exchange plan.

Here is the link for J1 visa insurance.

Study USA brochure, instant purchase and other useful information,

Patriot Exchange brochure, instant purchase and other useful information,

Link for all J1visa insurance,

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

11-04-2012, 01:23 PM
what are the formalities

11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
There are really no formalities. You can make an instant purchase online or over the phone.