Do you have questions that we can answer?

Did you not find what you were looking for?

We can help.


Please call us at toll-free +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400.

WhatsApp: +1 (972) 795-1123

Our working hours:

8 AM to 9 PM US Central Time, 7 days a week.

Email us at: ofni

There was a problem, please make the requested changes and submit again:

  • Date cannot be in the past. Please adjust the Date.{{error}}

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We will give you a call back at +{{form.isdCode}}-{{form.phoneNumber}}.

Call Me Back

We can call you at your convenience, fill out the form below.

Name should not contain numbers or special characters.

Phone Number is required.Cannot contain special characters.Phone number should contain at least one number.

+1 (866) INSUBUY
+1 (866) 467-8289
8 AM - 9 PM US Central Time Seven Days a Week Source ID: Insubuy
+1 (866) INSUBUY467-82898 AM - 9 PM US Central TimeSeven Days a Week

Ask Our Specialists

Search Questions and Get Answers

Type your question or hashtag below or Ask a Question


I have a J1 visa working as a adjunct professor at Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA. My current travelinsurance will end 4/7/2019 but have extended my stay until 6/6/2019, i.e. 2 more months. I need an insurance during these 2 months and you seem to have some interesting offers. I am from Sweden and reside in Sweden but my 2 children (3 and 5 years old) have dual citizenship Swedish and USA and they reside in Sweden. Can I sign up for your insurances even if my children have dual citizenship? It says that I can't be USA citizen and sign for an insurance but not quite clear if the same rules apply to the dependents so I/we cant sign up for an insurance. We all arrived on the 28th of September 2018 and have an insurance (from our Swedish insurance company) until 7 april 2019 in line with our planned home trip. My stay has been extended by 2 months but our Swedish insurance company don't allow an extension once you have been outside Sweden more than 2 months (I don't know why)


We do have plans that can cover you, as well as your children, however because of their dual citizenship, you will be on one plan and each child will have their own plan as well.  This will not affect the pricing as the premiums are calculated as a daily rate based on age.

 The plan that the children can have, would be the Diplomat America plan.  You will have to do a separate policy for each of them.

For you, I have attached the link for our J1 plans that meet the minimum J1 requirements. If your university has additional requirements, you can email those to us for review.

These plans will cover for all new illnesses and injuries that occur or manifest after the effective date.  The do not cover anything preventative, routine, or pre-existing.

Last Updated: {{question.updated}}
Published: {{question.published}}
{{question.likes}} {{question.likes == 1 ? 'person found this answer useful' : 'people found this answer useful'}}
1208 page views

DISCLAIMER: Information presented in our Questions and Answers section is generic and was deemed to be accurate at the time of response. Please use the answers as a guide and do not make decisions based on the answers. The answers presented may be outdated and altogether inaccurate currently or not relevant as the details provided such as the insurance terms and conditions, plan benefits, eligibility and coverage may have changed. Insubuy assumes no responsibility for relying on such answers. You should review the latest certificate wording of the insurance policy (available on this website) for the product you are considering for the latest and complete details. If there is any conflict between the answers provided here and the certificate wording, the details of the certificate wording will prevail.

Did you know?

Prices are regulated by law.

You cannot find a lower price anywhere for the same product.

Learn More

Why purchase insurance from Insubuy®?

Same Price. Better Service.®

There are many advantages in purchasing from Insubuy® and no disadvantages.

Learn More

Visiting USA?

Healthcare costs are very high in the U.S.

Buy U.S. based visitors insurance and enjoy your trip.

Learn More

Traveling abroad?

Did you know that your insurance may not cover you abroad or that it may only provide limited coverage?

Purchase travel medical insurance that includes emergency medical evacuation.

Learn More

New immigrant to USA?

You are not eligible to enroll in Medicare for the first 5 years.

Purchase new immigrant medical insurance to bridge the gap.

Learn More

Going on a vacation?

You could lose your non-refundable trip costs if you had to cancel your trip.

Buy a trip cancellation insurance package plan and be worry-free.

Learn More

Are you an exchange visitor to USA?

The U.S. Department of State requires all J visa holders to purchase compliant insurance.

Buy J visa medical insurance to meet your requirements.

Learn More

Traveling to Europe?

Schengen countries require most non-US citizens to purchase Schengen visa insurance.

Make an instant purchase online and get instant visa letter.

Learn More

Traveling frequently throughout the year?

You don't need to purchase travel insurance for every trip.

Purchase annual multi trip travel insurance for your travels.

Learn More

International student in the U.S.?

Most schools require international students to purchase health insurance.

Purchase international student health insurance that meets most school requirements.

Learn More