Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: How to insure new born kid

Question How to insure new born kid

I have come to US on L1 and am covered under group insurance by the company. My wife has also come with me on L2. Her name is also added under group insurance and I have to pay to my company some mothly premium for her. My wife is pregnant. Her delivery and labor charges are covered under group insurance. I want to know once the kid will be delivered, can I add kids name in the group insurance. How are kids generally insured. I will be taking my kid to pediatrician after the delivery, can I insure my kid for the charges of such visit to pediatrician. I may go back with my kid in September. My wife deliverey date is in May. How can i insure my kid for this period. Please help me on the same
    Last edited by Hetalhw; 03-27-2009 at 04:34 PM.

If the parent is covered under the group health insurance plan and if the maternity is covered, generally the child is covered automatically up to 30 days. Meanwhile, you have to add the child under the group insurance and most insurance plans would allow that. Check with your employer for the exact procedure.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470