Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Thread: atlas vs Liaison continent

Default atlas vs Liaison continent

Hello
    I read that liaison continent is the best insurance with a big ppo but I've compared the available doctors in my route (SFO-Yosemite-Las Vegas-Page-Grand Canyon-Santa Monica-Big Sur) and it seems that Atlas is better. Perhaps I'm searching wrong?
    I was thinking in taking Atlas because of their 100% coverage if you go to PPO but there is something I don't understand very well:

For charges made by a Physician for professional services, including Surgery. Charges for an assistant surgeon are
    covered up to 20% of the Usual, Reasonable and Customary charge of the primary surgeon, but standby availability
    will not be deemed to be a professional service and therefore is not covered hereunder.

If I have to be operated of appendicitis or a heart attack, for example, what would be the typcial prices for the assistant surgeon? I understood that I would have to pay 80% of it.

regards, Elisa

1. PPO network.

You can look at the PPO network in Atlas or Liaison Continent by following the corresponding link at http://www.insubuy.com/visitor-insurance/ Those are the providers in a particular area.

2. Assistant surgeon in Atlas:
    It is not covered at 20% of the charge, but it is covered at 20% of the primary surgeon charge. That is sufficient. In over 10 years that we have been selling the plan, we have never seen that not to be sufficient. In other words, you do NOT have to pay the 80% of the assistant surgeon fee.

3. Standby availability is not covered in either of the plan as it is subject to high misuse by the doctors.

Please feel free to contact us or post here if you have any other questions.
    Thanks & Regards

Toll Free: (866) INSU- BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470